Gait analysis is the study of human locomotion, using the eye and the brain of observers, augmented by instrumentation for measuring body movements, body mechanics, and the activity of the muscles. Optogait analysis is used to assess, plan, and treat individuals with conditions affecting their ability to walk, run, or just move efficiently. It is also commonly used in sports to help athletes run more efficiently and to identify posture-related or movement-related problems in people with injuries.
By acquiring the fundamental parameters of your gait, OPTOGAIT allows Dr. Wardy to quantitatively measure underlying mechanical inefficiencies and target any problematic areas. Particular attention is paid to the concept of asymmetry, i.e. the difference between right and left foot (expressed in %) with respect to a particular parameter. With this information, he can develop the right treatment to properly address your specific needs.
Optogait makes it possible to:
- assess objectively your general physical conditions
- identify deficiencies, postural problems and asymetries on the basis of data and videos and determine how your performance is being effected.
- develop and apply therapeutic rehabilitation applications, rehab approaches and orthopedic solutions on the basis of precise data
- prevention of relapses, complications and involutions of the pathological
- periodically verify the results and efficacy of treatment
- provides the patient with tangible proof of improvement
- verify in a dynamic situation, efficacy of arch supports and insoles
- compare various shoes and their effect on your gait