Dr. Wardy combines applied laserology and chiropractic care to organize your nervous system to speed your healing time. The laser works synergistically with chiropractic to aid your body in its ability to heal itself.
At Wardy Wellness we offer two different kinds of laser therapy. The Quantum wave is a superficial laser used to reset and balance the body. (i.e. Myotomes, Reflexes, Brain Balance, etc..) The K-LASER is the worlds most powerful cold laser and is used for therapy to reduce inflammation, reduce pain, and promote tissue repair.
How does low level laser therapy work?
The effects of low level laser therapy are photochemical, not thermal. Hot lasers in the medical world are used for surgical precision while cold lasers are used for healing precision. During treatment of tissue with the laser, an interaction between cells and photons takes place--a photochemical reaction. Photons from the laser affect the tissue at the cellular level. The cold laser enters the tissue, alters cell membrane permeability, and at the cellular level is absorbed in the mitochondria. The mitochondria are the "Powerhouse" of the cells and make ATP which is needed for the life enhancement process of every cell which facilitates:
- Rapid cell growth. The laser accelerates cellular reproduction and growth
- Faster wound healing. The laser stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue.
- Increased metabolic activity. Helps the body increase output of specific enzymes, greater oxygen to blood cells and more effective immune response are induced by the laser.
- Reduced fibrous tissue formation. The laser reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or following surgery.
- Anti-inflammatory action. The laser reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints to give improved joint mobility.
- Increased vascular activity. The laser stimulates lymph and blood circulation, to allow the affected tissue to have the best possible circulation.
- Stimulated nerve function. Slow recovery of nerve function in damaged tissue can result in "dead" limbs or numb areas. Laser will speed the process of nerve cell reconnection to bring the numb areas back to life. Laser also increases the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle action.
What are the advantages over other modes of therapy?
The K-LASER has been found to offer superior healing and pain relieving effects when compared to other electrotherapeutic modalities. The K-LASER can also be used for acupuncture point stimulation.
Low level laser therapy is a universal method of treating muscle, tendon, ligament, connective tissue, bone, neurological dysfunction or damage, and skin tissue with one simple piece of equipment. When combined with chiropractic care the best results are achieved to organize the nervous system and promote healing. Low level laser therapy is a major advantage for athletes due to the neurological applications and the extremely fast results that can be achieved.