What is BrainTap?
The BrainTap audio-sessions use sound technology, and the BrainTap headset contributes the dimension of light. These combined technologies use a science know as visual/auditory entrainment, a method of guiding the brain through frequency. These frequencies are introduced to the brain through the ears and optic nerve using computerized technology emitted through headphones and a specially visor equipped with light-emitting diodes (LEDs). The lights flash at predetermined frequencies and are coupled with binaural beats, which are heard at a low level through the headphones. The visual/auditory entrainment is typically synchronized, but can be varied depending on the desired effect. BrainTap combines for distinct technologies:
- Light Frequencies – light pulses train the brain to produce a healthy balance of brain wave activity, transforming the listener into a mental powerhouse with the right mindset to accomplish just about any goal. (Delivered via the BrainTap headset.)
- Beats and Tones – Imbedded tones emulate relaxed brain waves, guiding the brain to an extraordinary level of relaxation and meditation. (Delivered via the audio-sessions from the BrainTap mobile app.)
- Auriculotherapy – Trigger points in the ears, called meridians, are known to directly affect the body’s organs and systems. These are typically activated using acupuncture needles, but light frequencies are known to have the same effect. The BrainTap headset are uniquely equipped with 9 LED lights set at the optimum frequency for providing a sublime feeling of serenity and balance…all without needles! (Delivered via the BrainTap headset.)
- Audio-Session Library – Patrick K. Porter, PhD created guided visualization audio sessions to help you become the designer of your own life. With a selection of more than 700 titles—all encoded to work with the BrainTap—you’ll know how to focus on everything you want out of life so you can have it, effortlessly! (Delivered via the BrainTap mobile app.)
- 10-Cycle Holographic Music – The music on the Audio Library audio-recordings is designed to create a full 360-degree experience that delights the mind with calming thoughts and images. (Delivered via the audio-sessions from the BrainTap mobile app.)
BRAINTAP: How does the BrainTap headset work?
The BrainTap headset features harmonizing tones synchronized with gentle light pulses that travel through the ear meridians and the retina, sending direct signals to the brain and guiding you into deep relaxation. This innovative form of brainwave training is called frequency following response, and it provides maximum results in the least amount of time. The flickering light patterns and binaural beats reach the brain by way of the optic nerve and inner ear respectively. Within minutes the brain begins to match the frequencies of the light pulses and sound beats.Unlike biofeedback, where the user attempts to consciously change brainwave activity, light and sound induced entrainment influences the brain without any conscious effort.
What does BrainTap do?
BrainTap lets you reach deeper meditative states without years of disciplined practice, leading to mental clarity and intuition. It enhances sleep so you can awaken feeling rejuvenated and energized. It reduces stress, worry and irritability while supporting emotional stability and mental harmony. By achieving the right mindset, you can lessen negative self-talk and self-destructive impulses and overcome bad habits, freeing you to explore and expanded self-awareness with boundless creativity. Best of all, you will experience the joy of higher states of consciousness where you attract and manifest your desires!
WHAT IS HAPPENING WHEN YOU USE THE BRAINTAP UNIT?
There are a number of things that are going on when you are using the BrainTap unit:
- Your EEG activity is being altered – As the Light & Sound frequency changes, so does the frequency in the brain – it’s that easy!
- You are being dissociated – When playing any of our sessions on the App, you get drawn into the present moment and let go of thoughts relating to your daily hassles, hectic schedules, paying bills, worries, threats or anxieties and stop the unhealthy mental “chatter.” Dissociation involves a “disconnection” of self from thoughts and body awareness, as is experienced during deep meditation. Dissociation begins in four to eight minutes with the Frequency Following Response that is built into each session on the App.
- Your limbic system is being stabilized – Your body is calmed, your breathing becomes rhythmic, your hands warm and your muscles relax. The limbic system is involved in motivation, emotion, learning, and memory.
- A number of neurotransmitters are being produced – People with depressed mood have low levels of serotonin and norepinephrine. Light & Sound stimulation from the BrainTap unit boosts brain levels of serotonin, beta-endorphins and norepinephrine to improve overall well-being.
- Your cerebral blood flow is being increased – CBF is associated with many forms of mental disorders, including anxiety, depression, attentional problems, behavior disorders and impaired cognitive function. CBF tends to lower as we age often causing cognitive decline. People experiencing depressed mood usually have lower levels of CBF in the left frontal and prefrontal lobes.